EOS Core Arbitration Forum
- Case number: ECAF00000119
- Status: Ruling Issued, AR-004
- Emergency Arbitrator: S Sapoznick (EA)
- Arbitrator: Ben Gates (A)
- Case Manager: M Tabulo (CM)
- Date of arbitration start: 04/10/2018
- Date of ruling: 28/02/2019
- Case closed: Pending completion of detailed actions ordered in ruling AR-004
- Complaint: Change of private keys and unauthorized transfer of funds to another account.
- Relief: Return control of the account to the rightful owner (‘the claimant’) and transfer of the stolen funds back to this account
- Account disputed: gq4demryhage
- Claimant: Mr O.A.S (C)
- Respondent: Unidentified person(s) in possession of the private keys to EOS accounts gq4demryhage, q4dfv32fxfkx and ktl2qk5h4bor (R)
- 12 Jun 2018: R accesses C’s EOS account and changes the account’s permissions.
- 15 Jun 2018: R commences unstaking of EOS tokens contained in C’s EOS account. Unstaking commenced
- 19 Jun 2018: C files a claim with ECAF requesting emergency relief (account freeze)
- 20 Jun 2018: Case assigned to Emergency Arbitrator (EA) who requests additional evidence and signing of freeze request and waiver
- 20 Jun 2018: C signs emergency freeze request and waiver provides additional evidence
- 22 Jun 2018: EA issues Emergency Order AO-002 to BPs informing them to stop processing any transactions for the disputed account.
- 22 Jun 2018: EA delivers additional explanation of the evidence examined in the emergency order AO-001 and AO-002.
- 8 Jul 2018: C requests status update.
- 11 Jul 2018: EA delivers status update to C
- 16 Jul 2018: EA returns case to the forum for further processing
- 18 Sep 2018: CM informs C that his case is ready to proceed and enquires whether he wishes to do so.
- 19 Sep 2018: C confirms intent to proceed.
- 20 Sep 2018: Case assigned to A. C is notified of new arbitrator.
- 20 Sep 2018: CM onboards A with case details and evidence store.
- 20 Sep 2018: A completes estimate of arbitral costs as per the fee schedule. CM communicates this to C.
- 30 Sep – 4 Oct 2018: Discussion on fees.
- 4 Oct 2018: C submits deposit for arbitration costs.
- 9 Oct 2018: Notice of arbitration sent to the disputed account and accounts containing funds in question.
- 19 Oct 2018: 2nd reminder of notice of arbitration posted to disputed account and accounts containing funds in question.
- 16 Nov 2018: 3rd reminder of notice of arbitration posted to disputed account and accounts containing funds in question.
- 3 Dec 2018: Final reminder of notice of arbitration posted to disputed account and accounts containing funds in question.
- 6 Dec 2018: A requests additional evidence of control of the Ethereum account that was used to purchase the EOS ERC-20 tokens. Claimant provides the following signed message:
“msg”: “I certify that I am the rightful owner of the below-listed Ethereum and/or EOS account(s) and key(s).\nECAF Case: ECAF00000119\nEthereum Address: 0x87A01e7257320B30D48e300c05B614d399fB973c\nEOS Accounts/Public Keys: gq4demryhage”,
- 25 Jan 2019: C requests update.
- 6 Feb 2019: C requests update.
- 6-28 Feb 2019: Ruling prepared and reviewed internally.
- 28 Feb 2019: CM requests C for new EOS Public Keys which C provides.
- 11 Mar 2019: Ruling issued. https://eosq.app/tx/98e14b72e4f08fc79b7227131d9b388826d13332a2458fa562be246981a32469